There has been a pack of puff pastry sitting in the freezer for several months now and today I decided that I wanted to try something different. After much umm-ing and ahh-ing I decided on something simple – puff pastry dusted with sugar and cinnamon.
For this cute little project you will need:
2 sheets of puff pastry
A styrofoam cone
Toothpicks, broken into halves
Sugar and cinnamon for dusting
A small round cookie cutter (mine was about 2cm in diameter)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 Celcius (fan forced).
2. Cut circles out of the sheet of puff pastry and stack 2 of them onto each other – this is what gives the puff pastry the split appearance when baked. If you prefer single pillows then bake them individually.
3. Bake off your circles for about 10-15 minutes or until golden.
4. Stick toothpicks into the styrofoam and attach your puff pastry as closely as possible to hide as much as the styrofoam as possible.
5. Sift icing sugar and cinnamon over the top and you’re done!
The hardest part was getting the puff pastry onto the cone but once it was completed it was well worth it – so pretty and charming! Definitely worth the effort.